Take amazing photos - with your phone!!November 25, 2015, by Nicole
- It’s all about the light. In all honesty I’ll chose light over location/backdrop any day.
- Try and avoid clutter by zooming in. And by zooming, I mean actually with your feet, not zooming in on your camera. No one wants to see your messy bedroom, or messy car (if you are like me) but rather your subject! In the example below you cannot tell I have laundry all over the floor around my bed, because I cropped in!
- Filters/Editing. I never bring a photo directly into Instagram. I always run it through PicTapGo first. This lets me crop, also bring in non-square photos. And I can purchase different filters that Instagram doesn't have (VSCO filters are my fave).
- Get creative, sometimes I see a great shot, and it’s dark in my house, and I don’t want to ruin a moment with flash. I use the flash light feature on my husband’s phone or ipad and light the kids with that instead. And use my phone or point and shoot to take the photo. See below (ipad example)
- Print/share your photos! And don’t forget to hashtag! These Sticky9 magnets are adorable, and you can also make little books with all of your photos at the end of each year using Blurb - which make great presents for grandparents! Print your photos people! You can lose your phone, or have it wiped, make sure you back them up and print
Nicole is a contributor to The Blended Blog ,when Nicole isn't writing on her blog Nick and Nik she can be found running around with her 4 girls or photographing weddings. If all else fails she's parked in front of her T.V watching Netflix with coffee in hand.