I will admit, I am not much of a cook! I have gotten better at it and have gained a respect for cooking thanks to Hello Fresh, but more often then not, I don't cook! As my blog title states, I live a somewhat solitary life, so on the daily, I'm cooking for one! And some nights, when I get home from work, I'm just too tired to cook or even want to drag everything out to begin preparing a meal...and then cleaning it up.
But that is not to say I don't have a fave go-to meal! That's the one I'm sharing today! It's a good one because it's a great meal for one, like me, or for the whole family. I shared this recipe a few years ago in a cookbook my school compiled for a fundraiser that all my co-workers call it Miss Mitchell's Salsa Chicken! With just three ingredients, it's a breeze to make!!
You will need:
- Cookie sheet
- aluminum foil
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- your favorite salsa
- a can of mexi-corn
- a bag of Mexican Blend shredded cheese
Here's the recipe:
- Place a piece of thawed boneless, chicken breast in the middle of a piece of aluminum foil
- Coat with a generous tablespoon of salsa and a spoonful of mexi-corn (or just corn's ok too!)
- Wrap chicken up in foil, making a breathable packet.
- Place chicken on a cookie sheet for baking.
- Bake at 450* for 18-22 minutes (depending on the thickness of your chicken).
- Remove from oven and carefully open the packet.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of the chicken, closing packet to let it melt for a few minutes before plating (don't return to oven).
- Serve with tortilla chips and/or rice.
This blog was created after a group of bloggers started a friendship, without ever having met. What they've come to realize is that the blogworld, while huge and daunting, can be a great community of like-minded people. Welcome to our space, we hope that it can help you expand your blog circles too. Read more about us.